So you finally got those new brows you’ve been wanting now let’s go over how to protect your investment!
Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap before touching your brows. Please carefully read the detailed information on washing your eyebrows or applying the post care gel. If you have any questions regarding afterc
Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap before touching your brows. Please carefully read the detailed information on washing your eyebrows or applying the post care gel. If you have any questions regarding aftercare, products or treatments to avoid or anything at all about the post care please text us. 310-994-8877
Day 1 (Day of appointment) -
Day 2 through 10 -
For oily skin, apply a VERY THIN layer of soothing gel with a cotton swab only ONCE a day (AM).
For dry skin, apply a VERY THIN layer of soothing gel with a cotton swab only TWICE a day.
WHAT TO AVOID
• Excessive sweating can breakdown the pigment causing loss of retention.
• No workouts for 3-5 days post procedure.
• No saunas or steam rooms for 10 days
• Swimming pools are to be avoided for 6 weeks; fresh water pools contain chlorine which is a chemical that can cause damage similar to bleach. Salt water pools should also be avoided because this can cause the pigment to breakdown the same way excessive sweating can.
• Avoid smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days. If you are outside for more than one hour you must blot your eyebrows with a damp clean cotton round to remove any outside debris that may have come into contact with your eyebrows.
• No sunbathing or tanning for at least 8-12 weeks, UV rays can cause fading and excess damage to the skin.
• No tinting, chemical peels, dermabrasion, botox or any anti aging chemicals for at least 6 weeks.
• No vitamin C or any other lightening agents should be put directly on the brows at all after the procedure, this will cause rapid fading which will require retouch sessions more often.
• No makeup or cosmetics on the area for at least 10 days. Makeup may be applied to the rest of the face, just be sure to carefully apply makeup around the brows and use a makeup wipe to remove your makeup.
• When washing your face and showering, wash around the brows with a gentle cleanser with no acidic or anti aging ingredients. Splash your face to rinse, do not put your face directly into a stream of water I.e shower head. Excess soap and water when rinsing will ensure the brows stay clean, but avoid scrubbing the brows directly until they are healed.
It is possible to experience redness and swelling up to 48 hours after the procedure.
The treated area will appear much darker and bold due to the oxidation process during the healing period.
If the area is kept clean and dry then only a light pigment film (not thick scab) will appear after 4-7 days.
As the area heals it will become dry and itchy.
As the pigment film starts to flake or lightly peel off DO NOT pick, scratch, itch or pull off any of the areas which are flaking.
Choosing to pick at flakes and peeling areas will pull out pigment and result in spots left without any pigment and in some cases scarring. Loss of pigment retention looks very different than if the area has been picked or scratched. Your artist will know which effected the area by the texture and appearance of the skin.
As the area continues to heal, a softer more natural result will be revealed underneath.
Please note that within the first 4 weeks the amount of pigment that you see can seem very faint. It may seem like the pigment has been lost; please be advised that as the skin regenerates the new skin can mask the hair strokes completely. You must allow the full healing time of 8 weeks to see the true color and result. It is normal for the eyebrows to heal lighter than desired. A second session is required to reach ultimate results.
Copyright © 2024 Vale of Shadows LA - All Rights Reserved.
Have a good brow day!